About Kerkhoff Technologies Inc
Under the KTI brand, we provide proactive and professional Windows IT support to businesses in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland in BC. Our Crafty Penguins division provides advanced networking, Linux, and DevOps professional services to other IT teams, software developers, and ISPs around the world. Our TopLeft division provides a Kanban visualization interface on top of ConnectWise, which is a Professional Services Automation (PSA/CRM) used by IT Service Providers around the world. We have been in business for close to 14 years, with our head office located in Chilliwack, B.C.
Although we are separate teams with different skill sets, we’re one company. We all use the same ticket system, Slack and Wiki, sit at the same physical office and have the same leadership team. This comes quite handy when our clients need us to support both Linux and Windows systems or if our Windows team needs a hand with API integration, troubleshooting SQL or hardware issues.
You are good at
Our ideal Network Administrator will be a jack of all trades who is broadly experienced in all things Microsoft. Someone who loves rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. Someone who is looking to be part of a team with a vision to create something greater together than anyone of us could create alone.
- Provide proactive support for clients such as patch management, desktop optimization, monitoring, data backup, and other preventative maintenance
- Network administration – implementing best practices, building and running checklists, creating reports
- Support all manner of end user devices such as desktops, printers, smart phones, and more
- Document in our wiki
- Assist systems engineers as required, and mentor future new hires
- Keep projects and tickets up to date in our ConnectWise service platform
- Deliver onsite support
Tech Tools we use
- Connectwise Manage
- Screen Connect, Sophos networking and security products, StorageCraft
- Office 365, VMWare, HyperV,Proxmox, KVM and more.
What you bring to the role
- 3-5 years of Windows server administration experience
- 2 year technical diploma (CIS or CS)
- Certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, A+/Network+
- Basic Linux and basic command line experience – we also use and support these environments
- Scripting experience with PowerShell
- Microsoft Windows desktop experience – You are driven to achieve “guru” status by learning through constant challenges.
- A reliable vehicle + Valid B.C. driver’s license.
- Understanding of the big picture related to the needs of clients
- An insatiable desire to learn new things.
- Commitment to KTI’s Core Values.
What you will love about us
- Great People & Healthy Culture
- Flexible Work Hours
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Vacation Time + Banked Time
- Advancement Opportunities
Inclusiveness is important to us
We take pride in being a one-of-a-kind technology company that values relationships and people at every level – employees, clients, vendors and our community. Whether it be age, gender, race, culture or thought – we enjoy diversity and we welcome it!
Our mission is to help people do meaningful work by getting the right people in the right seats – helping people achieve their Highest And Best Use (HABU©). Our growing team of 28 offers expertise in Network Support, Linux Consulting, and Application Development.
If you’re seeking an awesome opportunity to do great work, learn new things, make a difference, and grow, we invite you to apply. Send us your cover letter and resume that includes a link to your LinkedIn profile and the word Fanta