Crafty Penguins is growing our team! We are hiring a full-time Linux Support Engineer to collaborate with our growing team and serve our growing customer base. This role requires you to work outside your comfort zone to creatively solve technical problems, but to also develop and maintain strong relationships with customers. In this role, the willingness to learn and be adaptable are absolutely essential.
We are a Linux, Open Source, DevOps, and Kubernetes consulting service that utilizes a variety of tools to help clients in many industries in the areas of: network security, server support, data backups, disaster recovery, and more. We’re a team united by our daily habits of building trust, looking at the bigger picture, leaning into challenges, and being better today than yesterday.
Crafty Penguins is based outside Vancouver, British Columbia, and has 9 full-time team members. From taking on new challenges to following the lead of dedicated mentors, we promise you will grow, learn, and make a difference.
If you’re a person who is driven by creativity and getting results, then this role is made for you.
You’re good at
- Rising to challenges and solving technical problems with a client’s business in mind
- Thinking and working independently while collaborating with others to reach creative solutions
- Following existing processes while suggesting ways to improve them
- Communicating in a number of ways (writing and speaking) to both get things done and honor people
- Constantly learning – at home, you probably have extra computers and other devices where you are “playing” with and improving on technology
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and superior time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-manage your workload
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems, preferably Debian based distributions
- You’ve worked at a company that does Linux consulting, or you’ve done this as a contractor
- You’ve used ConnectWise or some other tool to manage tickets and track time
- Familiarity with:HTTP and Web pages, and the systems that serve them (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Tuning for PHP processing (You know what php-fpm is)
- Linux based Database Systems (MySQL, Postgresql, SQLite) and SQL in general
- Internet / IP protocols like SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SSH. You should feel comfortable with every setting on your home Wifi Router.
- Scripting languages. Bash, Python, and general software programming. You should be able to “code your way out of a wet paper bag”
- Multiple Linux distributions (Debian/Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Microservice Architectures (Kubernetes/DockerSwarm)
- Linux based Hypervisor systems like Proxmox, VSphere, KVM, or Zen
- 2-year technical diploma (CIS or CS) or greater
What you’ll do
- Initial support ticket triage
- Handling client system alerts
- Conducting client system health checks
- Going through Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for deployments
- Escalating problems to SRE’s (Site Reliability Engineers) as appropriate
What you’ll need
The following experience is relevant to us:
he following experience is relevant to us:
- A couple of years of network support experience
- A couple of years of Linux system administration experience
Why join us?
Working at Crafty Penguins can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves creative problem solving and achieving results for ourselves and our clients. There are many benefits that come with working with us, such as autonomy and a culture which encourages personal and professional development and overall passion for improving and expanding.
How to apply
Upload your resume and cover letter including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) This role can be either on-site at our home office or fully remote, and the successful candidate will be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.