About Kerkhoff Technologies Inc
Under the KTI brand, we provide proactive and professional Windows IT support to businesses in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland in BC. Our Crafty Penguins division provides advanced networking, Linux, and DevOps professional services to other IT teams, software developers, and ISPs around the world. Our TopLeft division provides a Kanban visualization interface on top of ConnectWise, which is a Professional Services Automation (PSA/CRM) used by IT Service Providers around the world. This role will support all 3 divisions. We have been in business for close to 14 years, with our head office located in Chilliwack, B.C.
What You’ll Do
Our ideal candidate will be a jack of all trades who is broadly experienced in all things Finance. Someone who loves rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. Someone who is looking to be part of a team with a vision to create something greater together than anyone of us could create aloneYou will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the finance function, which will include:
Accounting and Reporting Functions:
- Create and process customer invoices and account statements
- Reviewing the G/L and ensuring month end transactions and reconciliations have been completed.
- Responsible for year-end procedures and tax reporting
- Internal budget champion: creating budgets, forecasts, comparisons, and variance reports
- Creating regular finance reports for company senior leadership, to assist in high-level decision-making
- Ensure compliance with all levels of governmental reporting requirements
Cash Flow Management:
- Create and monitor monthly cash flow projections, and report cash position and make recommendations to CEO to improve cash flow.
- Monitor and manage the process of credit limits, to ensure the company is operating within established parameters
- Prepare AR reports and work with Finance Assistant to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Process full-cycle salary and hourly payroll
- Process and prepare all year-end tax documents
- Job review and costing, to advise the People team on hiring timing and appropriate pay level
- Advises management team on budgets, pricing decisions, major purchases, business acquisitions, etc.
- Developing and ensuring internal control guidelines, policies, and procedures are in place
- Work with the Team Leads to help improve profitability, and to ensure established metrics are achieved on a company-wide basis.
- Serve as primary contact with auditors, regulators, tax authorities and other stakeholders relative to company financial issues.
What you bring to the role
- 5 years’ financial management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or designation in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial and tax regulations.
- Strong to excellent Excel skills.
- Payroll experience
- Motivated individual who can handle autonomous work as well as work well within a team environment
- Mindset of using technology to solve problems
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Attention to detail and deadline driven
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple divisions within a parent company
- Understanding of the big picture related to the needs of clients
- Commitment to KTI’s Core Values.
What you will love about us
- Great People & Great Culture
- Flexible Work Hours
- True Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome Benefits
- Vacation Time + Banked Time
- Advancement Opportunities
Salary & Vacation
- $70-90,000 per year
- 3 weeks holidays to start
How to apply
Submit your application with a cover letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) This role can be either on-site at our home office or fully remote, and the successful candidate will be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.