Our Get Me Out Of Trouble process is a great way to get a hand with an urgent server/network issue which might only need a couple of hours of an expert’s time to resolve. This streamlined process is designed so that we can quickly help you on a fixed-fee basis. We will provide up to 4 hours of work to investigate and work on a resolution to your issue.
Examples of situations we can help with
- Password resets
- RAID hard drive issue – review/resolve
- Quick high-level security review
- Server health check
- Design / Architecture questions
- Linux mail server issue, such as SPF record analysis or file system problem
- Pick an engineer’s brain! See Linux Technologies We love.
- Backup recovery
Or some other issue for you to evaluate us with a small issue to experience what it’s like to work with us.
Who is this not for?
For larger projects, we recommend setting up a retainer (minimum 10 hours, 6 month expiry). Contact us to start a conversation on that through our regular process.
How it works
- Submit the form below so that we have your information and the basic details collected.
- We will confirm receipt, and ask any clarifying details as required.
- We will check with our team to confirm we have the skillset and availability to work on this issue within your desired timeframe.
- We will send you official proposal with T&Cs, Non-Disclosure Agreement, and instructions for submitting payment.
- Upon receipt of funds, we will assign the engineer and start the work.
- When we get close to the time limit, we will provide a summary of where we are, findings, conclusions, and recommendations for a next step.
We provide all Linux/Devops consulting services remotely. Normally this is done using the SSH protocol. We can provide our static IPs so that you can add them to your firewall to open up the SSH ports, and can also provide our team’s public SSH keys. Alternative methods such as VPN, web consoles, remote desktop, screen sharing are less efficient.
Price, Terms & Conditions
Only $700 CAD (approx $520 USD) for up to 4 hours of work, plus applicable taxes.
- This is a minimum charge. The unused portion of the 4 hour will not be refunded.
- As we are unfamiliar with your systems, we cannot guarantee a solution, but we will work within that 4 hour window to attempt one
- If we identify a solution but can’t achieve it within 4 hours, we will submit a proposal with additional budget.
- Time spent getting access to your systems counts towards the 4 hours.
- Acceptance of our Master Customer Agreement (Terms & Conditions).
Filling out this form with sufficient detail helps to avoid extra emails/calls to determine the scope, and get the correct engineer working on your request as soon as possible.