We have an immediate need for someone to assist us, on a part-time basis, with three things: Quickbooks entry, invoicing clients, and managing client retainers (making sure our clients pay us). Giving this role a particular title is challenging. There are aspects of bookkeeping, accounting, data entry, and administration. But, we don’t need an Accountant. Someone who has a background as a Bookkeeper or an Accounting Assistant would be suited to this role. And, it would be great if you had something like a Business Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
The part-time nature of this role (minimum 20 hours per week) could be appealing to someone who wants to structure a career around family and/or other commitments like school. We’ll work with you to set up a schedule that benefits both you and us. We are a tech company, but don’t worry if you don’t have a technical background or experience in that industry; we’ll train you to be successful in the role.
About Kerkhoff Technologies Inc
Under the KTI brand, we provide proactive and professional Windows IT support to businesses in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland in BC. Our Crafty Penguins division provides advanced networking, Linux, and DevOps professional services to other IT teams, software developers, and ISPs around the world. Our CW Kanban division provides a Kanban visualization interface on top of ConnectWise, which is a Professional Services Automation (PSA/CRM) used by IT Service Providers around the world. This role will support all 3 divisions. We have been in business for over 12 years, with our head office located in Chilliwack, B.C.
Assisting the Leadership Team with the following:
- Moving our finance functions in-house (they are currently outsourced)
- Ensuring accurate and timely Quickbooks entry so that our records are accurate
- Ensuring timely and accurate client invoicing procedures
- Ensuring our clients are paying the bills
- Communicating occasionally with our clients to address questions and concerns around financial data accuracy and timeliness
- Working with our internal team to contribute to company profitability
- Contributing to continuous improvement by documenting, and keeping current, our financial processes
- Strong attention to detail – you get a kick out of balancing the columns and creating structures based on accuracy
- Strong emotional intelligence – you are comfortable in the data, but you also enjoy building relationships with and understanding people, and how to contribute to the success of others
- Realistic, humble, confident, and transparent
- Care for people – our primary goal is not just making lots of money, but authentically caring for people, listening, making their life better, and improving their success.
- Great at working with people, both in-person, written, and oral
- Business degree or diploma, with a focus on finance, or equivalent experience
- Reliable and professional vehicle for all weather conditions
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Resident of the Fraser Valley
- Depending on experience and capability, could be anywhere from a minimum of $18 per hour to a maximum of $35 per hour
- Attractive extended health and dental package. Our team loves it!
What We’re Looking For
- Alignment with KTI values
- A true belief and commitment to providing EXCELLENT customer service
- Pride in workmanship, caring about the quality of your work, and the work of team members
- The ability to effectively interpret information and/or discuss information with teammates.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment where initiative and motivation are keys to success
- Ability to analyze information, establish priorities and manage processes
- Proficient with developing standards and improving processes
When You Would Start
We anticipate onboarding this role as soon as we find the right person
How to Apply
Submit to [email protected] a brief letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview