We have an immediate need for someone who loves working with people and understands how they make decisions, can write well and have confident conversations, is comfortable in a variety of business environments, and can work with our technology experts to deliver solutions that meet client needs. Even if you have minimal experience in the IT industry, as long as you learn quickly and are coachable, we will train you on what you need to know.
This role will be primarily “account management” or “inside sales” in its scope. You will work with existing clients to ensure they receive maximum value through the solutions we provide, check in periodically to ensure we are providing excellent service, and increasing awareness around our new products and solutions. In addition, you will support the VP Sales in his outside sales role to bring on new clients.
We are open to applications both from those looking to get a start in their career, as well as those ready to take a step up from a previous sales leadership role. Preference will be given to candidates who are motivated to keep growing in their career. Your willingness and ability to help build systems and processes so that we can promote you and fill this role with a replacement are an asset.
About Kerkhoff Technologies Inc
Under the KTI brand, we provide proactive and professional Windows IT support to businesses in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland in BC. Our Crafty Penguins division provides advanced networking, Linux, and DevOps professional services to other IT teams, software developers, and ISPs around the world. Our CW Kanban division provides a Kanban visualization interface on top of ConnectWise, which is a Professional Services Automation (PSA/CRM) used by IT Service Providers around the world. This role will support all 3 divisions. We have been in business for over 12 years, with our head office located in Chilliwack, B.C.
- Checking in regularly with all clients using a variety of media including onsite visits, phone, Zoom video, email, ticket systems, social media, and chat.
- Creating, updating, and delivering quotes and proposals.
- Dealing with questions and objections during the sales process.
- Owning the Sales CRM in terms of keeping opportunities up to date, making sure they move forward with clear next steps, accurate forecasts, and usable reporting for the management team.
- Working with our technical team to provide customer-friendly proposals that are clear, meet their needs, and they are excited to approve.
- Contributing to profitability by ensuring all client agreements are clear and win/win for all parties, and renegotiating as required
- Scheduling internal and client meetings in order to move sales processes ahead, working together with the Executive Assistant.
- Contributing to continuous improvement and documentation of our sales and marketing processes.
- Handling inbound phone and email leads to qualify, collect basic information, schedule calls etc.
- Working with the team to develop standardized service packages, marketing messages, sales scripts, and other templates.
- Over time, working to close simpler/smaller deals and increase deal size so that CEO is focused on larger opportunities
- Working with existing clients to collect survey results, provide relevant educational information to them, facilitate quarterly business technology reviews (BTRs) etc.
- Dealing with followups from meetings that CEO or other team members have with prospects and clients, such as creating appropriate activities and tickets in CW
- Working with marketing team to ensure strong alignment, bi-directional feedback, and collaboration between sales and marketing messages.
If you have individual strengths, skills, and training, we will look to leverage those as well of course.
- Solid conceptional understanding of technology – not at the bit/byte or geek level, but how they solve client problems
- Strong emotional intelligence in terms of reading both the client and our team
- Detail oriented: our clients depend on us to take care of the details, and being sloppy with details frustrates everyone. At the same time, we can’t bore or overwhelm our clients with unnecessary detail.
- Realistic, humble, accurate, confident, and transparent
- Care for people – our primary goal is not hitting quotes and making lots of money, but authentically caring for people, listening, making their life better, and improving their success.
- Great at working with people, both in-person, written, and oral
- Business degree or diploma, or equivalent experience.
- A 1-2 year technology certificate, diploma, or equivalent industry experience would be helpful, but is not a requirement.
- Reliable and professional vehicle for all weather conditions.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Passport to travel into USA
- Resident of the Fraser Valley
- $50,000-$75,000 base salary per year
- Inclusion in the company profit sharing program
- Attractive extended health and dental package. Our team loves it!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Alignment with KTI values
• A true belief and commitment to providing EXCELLENT customer service
• Pride in workmanship, caring about the quality of your work, and the work of team members
• The ability to effectively interpret information and/or discuss information with teammates.
• Enjoy a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment where initiative and motivation are keys to success
• Capability to mentor and develop the technical team and foster an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
• Ability to analyze information, establish priorities and manage processes
• Proficient with developing standards and improving processes
WHEN YOU WOULD START
We anticipate onboarding this role as soon as we find the right person.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit to [email protected] a brief letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.