WHO WE ARE:
Kerkhoff Technologies Inc. is a multi-faceted and global technology company based near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our team of 15 offers expertise in network support, Linux consulting, and application development. We are seeking a Service Manager to join our team. If you are experienced in leading a team and you have with a desire to work in a growing and exciting company, this could be a great opportunity.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU:
You are a highly professional individual who is passionate about helping people succeed. You love rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You are committed to the process of creating environments in which people can thrive in their work. You are motivated and tenacious when it comes to achieving your goals. You are looking to be part of a team, in a leadership role, with a vision to create something greater together than any one of us could create alone. You have a technical aptitude, but you’re also a strong communicator who is experienced in conflict management and other team dynamics.
The Service Manager focuses on excellent service to our Windows and Crafty Penguins clients through attention given to three main areas:
Client Liaison: The Service Manager communicates with clients regarding their technical issue, discusses the clients’ requirements and translates those requirements into instructions for technicians. They provide the client with an indication of when the issue will be resolved. If the issue requires additional work beyond the original estimate, the Service Manager communicates with the client to advise about next steps and obtains approval to proceed.
Administration, Triage & Dispatch: The Service Manager manages the details of the issue in a ConnectWise ticket and prepares detailed instructions for the technicians. He/she also ensures that the standard metrics associated with the ticket (board, status, type, subtype, item, agreement, etc.) are in place. If the job has a standard or unique time allowance (SLA), they advise the technician. Most importantly, the Service Manager has a broad knowledge of all work in progress and in the backlog so that work can be prioritized accordingly.
Client Satisfaction: When the “job” is complete, the Service Manager communicates with the client (or assists the technician to communicate with the client), explaining the work that has been carried out. The Service Manager’s client liaison role plays an important part in building customer satisfaction, which is critical to building repeat business. The Service Manager’s ability to interpret issues correctly, ensure that technicians complete the work effectively and explain work and to clients in a clear and open way are important factors in clients’ perceptions of excellent service.
WHAT YOUR DAY LOOKS LIKE:
Throughout each day, the Service Manager, through strong leadership and management, works to give attention to the following metrics:
• Helpdesk triage – all tickets triaged within 10 minutes
• Urgent tickets – “quick response” client tickets followed up on and closed daily
• Overdue tickets – regular communication with clients and technicians to ensure work is completed on time
• Work due “this week” – ensuring work in this category is completed on time
• Neglected work – ensuring work is not forgotten or in the backlog for extended periods of time
• Client response – ensuring clients are responded to immediately after they reach out to us
• Kanban boards – prioritizing workflow and leading/coaching team on using Kanban boards
In addition to leading the process of achieving the above and other metrics, the Service Manager works with the VP Service and Team Leads in the successful onboarding of new clients and regular and ongoing communication with clients, and works with the VP Operations to improve and document processes around the service management function.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
• Diploma/degree, with a technical major, such as engineering, computer science or Computer Systems Technologist or a business-related diploma/degree
• 2+ years of experience in a Service Manager or similar leadership/management role
• Drivers license and reliable vehicle
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, used in client-facing situations
• General, well-rounded knowledge of technology and technology-related issues
• Experience leading and managing a team of people
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Alignment with KTI values
• A true belief and commitment to providing EXCELLENT customer service
• Pride in workmanship, caring about the quality of your work, and the work of team members
• The ability to effectively interpret information and/or discuss information with teammates.
• Enjoy a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment where initiative and motivation are keys to success
• Capability to mentor and develop the technical team and foster an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
• Ability to analyze information, establish priorities and manage processes
• Proficient with developing standards and improving processes
WHEN YOU WOULD START
We anticipate onboarding this role as soon as we find the right person.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit to [email protected] a brief letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.